Monday, September 24, 2012

Background part 5... will the background ever end?

OK I think I am getting caught up to now. I figured if I don't catch up soon all of my post will be titled background. :-)

Bringing it up to today. I was worrying about what I was going to do this winter when it was too cold or snowing. I didn't want to give up my weight loss journey to the laziness of winter. So I was hoping that we could get a gym membership. It ended up being that Brian was on board with a gym membership. I was super excited. So he and I joined Anytime Fitness. The fact that it is just down the street from us, and there is one right by Brian's work helped. I am loving it there. The lady who manages the gym has been a blessing and a half as well. She has been so encouraging to me. Not for a sale but for a real care and concern for me and my health. I know when people are fake to me. I have a really good radar on that sort of thing. It makes it easy to go there. Now what have I been doing at the gym you may ask?  I have just been doing some work outs that my friends trainer has taught her and doing some elliptical work. I am hoping to try some classes soon. Not sure which ones I should start out with but very much looking forward to it!  This journey is one of the only things in my life I have really stuck with. I am not doing it for anybody for me. Which is a first as well. Although I think this process is definitely glorifying God.  I am sure He is pleased with me taking care of the body he gave me! I am so thankful for my relationship with Christ!  I am not ashamed of that and I am not going to be ashamed of myself anymore either! I can't even tell you how excited I am to see the me that I know is in there. But the fat girl ate her. :-) I have a friend who has known me for a long time. She told me I was going to be this way. She told me that and I didn't believe her. I didn't see what she saw in me. I can't even tell you how that has been for all these years. Having somebody believe the better in you when you don't. To see the real you that you have no clue who she is or where she went. I ask her on a regular basis why she saw that in me. I have been blessed with some pretty amazing people in my life. People who lead by example, or who verbalize it to me. People who loved me in spite of all the bad choices I have made or the hurt I have.. or have done.  I know this might seem like a weird post talking about other people but I think that others have a huge part in our journey's even if you aren't doing it for them. I would not be where I am if it were not for some pretty amazing people.  So here is what some of you may have been waiting for.  I know a few people have seen these pictures but very few! I am going to upload my before and my progress pictures. These are not for the faint of heart! They are not pretty. :-) but the change is pretty amazing to me!









When I first started



At 27 lbs lost



At 40 or 45 lbs lost.






So I bet your wondering..... Suzann why have you fail to mention numbers. Well not because I don't want to share but because I wanted to get the information about my journey out there first. I wanted people to know how I was getting healthy. NOT the numbers. The numbers are not as important to me. But for those who would like to know I have to date lost 58 lbs. I have also got all of my numbers in line for cholesterol, blood pressure(that was never high anyway), blood sugar, vitamin B12, and vitamin D. If there was any other numbers I forgot you just need to know that my doc said that all numbers are in the good now! I can't even tell you when the last time I had a normal triglyceride number. I feel so blessed. My doc said that I am what they call compliant. She hates the term but it basically just means I am doing everything I need to be doing!

Now for those who may be wondering if my journey is just about my weight loss it's not. If you stay tuned I will let you know what is going on in the rest of my life.  

1 comment:

  1. WAY TO GO, Suzann!!!!!!! This is truly inspiring and I am truly amazed at your progress! It takes dedication and a deep down belief in one's self to accomplish something like this. And I know with you, it is also your belief in God's strength that He promises to us as believers. "With Christ, all things are possible." Keep pressing on, Suzann, and keep posting on this blog because it will help you to "hash it out" in writing. It will inspire others to give it a try or keep on going. And it's just plain old fun to read!

    ReplyDelete