Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Background Part 1

So more of a background on my kick that I have been on.  So last December I was talking with a friend and she lovingly made a comment that she was a bit worried about how much sugar I was taking in.  As I really appreciate her concern my heart was not in a place where I was open enough to listen to what she was saying. Give up my soda? What are you thinking? I did better for a bit but my habits of drinking any soda in sight continued. So what else happened?.... Funny you should ask I went with Brian and some friends to look at motorcycle pants. Have you ever been in a situation where you were the only one who couldn't do something. Now you know how I felt. I had a hard time finding a jacket that would fit and pants... FORGET ABOUT IT!  I walked away feeling a little bummed out. It's not like the lady at the shop didn't try. She was quite the trooper.  Was that the pushing point? Not that I am sure of that. I think it was one step of many that had me walking forward finally instead of backward. I will update more tomorrow. I am some kind of tired. I guess twice in one day gym time has me a bit tired! :-)

1 comment:

  1. I don't know that I could give up soda. I tried it once in high school (you may remember) and it wasn't good. Migraines ensued among other things.

    As far as the thing that forced me to try to get some of this weight off: trying to find a dress that didn't make me look like a beached whale. I found a dress after I went down a dress size...I still look like a beached whale but not as bad.



    ReplyDelete